Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ubuntu 64: Running Flex Builder

I can't claim any credit on this one, but I got Flex Builder working on my new Jaunty distribution! I initially thought I should get myself a 64bit version of Eclipse and try to install Flex Builder over it, but that didn't work.

Evidently, the solution is to get a 32bit JRE and get that running, then to modify Eclipse's startup files to point to the 32bit JRE. Everything works great! I was basically able to copy and paste my old Ganymede from a 32bit OS to a 64bit one, with only a few modifications. Pretty dang cool. Anyway, here's where the credit is due: http://rachaelandtom.info/content/running-32bit-eclipse-64bit-linux

As far as running a 32bit Flash Debug player, I haven't given that the time to work on getting that to work. I'm for the moment satisfied to just have Flash Player work regardless. The 64bit standard player is working great for me, I haven't had too many problems with it. Here's hoping that I won't have to get a 32bit Firefox to run the Flash 10 Debug Player :)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home